San Giorgio Lasagna
Hi guys! Today we're making my favorite San Giorgio lasagna. It's super easy & cheesy!
Ingredients for Lasagna
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 24 oz Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 9 pieces San Giorgio Lasagna Noodles
Ingredients for Cheese Sauce
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Step 1Place 9 San Giorgio lasagna noodles into a pot of salted water and cook until al dente according to the packaging instructions.Don't overcook your noodles because they will still soften up a bit when you bake the lasagna.
- Step 2Drain the noodles.
- Step 3Add cold water to stop the cooking process and to keep the noodles from sticking together.
- Step 4In a deep pan over medium-high heat, add one tablespoon of olive oil, then one pound of ground beef and one small diced onion. Saute for 5 minutes, or until the meat is no longer pink.
- Step 5Add two large minced garlic cloves and cook another minute or until fragrant.
- Step 6Add 1/4 cup of good red wine and saute until mostly evaporated. If you don't have red wine on hand, you can substitute with beef broth.
- Step 7Add 24 ounces or 3 cup of your favorite marinara sauce, either homemade or store-bought. Season with half a teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme, half a teaspoon of sugar and two tablespoons of parsley.
- Step 8Bring that to a simmer, then cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes while you make your cheese sauce.
- Step 9In a large mixing bowl combine 16 ounces of cottage cheese, 15 ounces of ricotta cheese, one cup of shredded mozzarella, 1 large egg and 2 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley. Mix until it's well blended.
- Step 10Everything's ready, and now we can assemble the lasagna. In a deep 9 by 13 casserole dish, spread half a cup of the meat sauce evenly over the bottom.
- Step 11Cover that with 3 lasagna noodles.
- Step 12Add 1/3 of the remaining meat sauce and sprinkle the top with one cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Step 13Spoon on half of the cheese sauce and spread evenly. Repeat the process until you have 3 layers of noodles.
- Step 14Top the last layer of noodles with the remaining meat sauce and cove it with one cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. Adding the cheese on top forms a crust that makes this lasagna supremely juicy.
- Step 15 You'll need to cover and bake this casserole, so prepare a large sheet of foil. To keep the cheese from sticking to the foil, poke 8-10 toothpicks evenly over the top of the lasagna, then loosely cover with the foil and seal the edges.
- Step 16Bake at 375 °F for 45 minutes, then remove the foil and set the oven to broil for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Step 17Now you want to let the lasagna cool for 30 minutes in the pan for it to set and become much easier to slice. Don't forget to remove the toothpicks.
- Bon appetit!After 30 minutes, you can enjoy the best lasagna you have ever tried!
Latest posts by Cindy Becker (see all)
- Looking to Dry Your Mushrooms? Learn How to Dehydrate Mushrooms in Air Fryer in My Guide - October 31, 2022
- Why Do My Mushrooms Smell Like Fish — And What Should They Smell Like? Read on to Find Out - October 18, 2022
- You Can Enjoy Your Leftovers: My Guide on How to Reheat Stuffed Mushrooms - October 18, 2022