Some time ago, when my husband and I were travelling, we found a restaurant in El Paso called Chicos Tacos. We looooved the food!I have spent weeks trying to recreate this recipe. And there it is! Although it tastes a bit different, it's still pretty close to the original one. I like to cook my chicos tacos on cold days because it can warm up like nothing else.
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 jalapenos
- 3 tomatillos
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1/4 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 packaging beef flautas
- Step 1Put your jalapenos, serrano pepper, onion and garlic in a pot filled with water and bring to a boil. Wait a little to add the tomatillos in, because they cook faster.
- Step 2Repeat the same thing for tomatoes. Bring them to a boil and cook for about 7 minutes, or until cooked.
- Step 3After 5 minutes, add in tomatillos to the jalapenos, serrano pepper, onion and garlic. Cook the ingredients for about 10 minutes.
- Step 4Combine the cooked tomatoes with garlic, onion, stewed tomatoes and 1/2 tsp of salt. Add 1/3 cup of water and then use your blender.
- Step 5Add your tomato sauce into a pot, bring to a boil and cook it down until you get rid of that raw garlic and onion flavor. It takes me about 15-20 minutes.
- Step 6Combine the cooked jalapenos, serrano pepper, onion and garlic with salt and 1/3 cup of water. Use your blender to puree everything.
- Step 7Add 8 cups of chicken broth to the tomato sauce.
- Step 8Cook the flautas just until golden brown.
- Step 9Let's assemble everything! Sprinkle some cheese over the flautas and cover with tomato sauce. Add in some green salsa.
- Bon appetit!Your Chicos Tacos is now done! I'm sure this recipe was worth the time you have spent.
Latest posts by Cindy Becker (see all)
- Looking to Dry Your Mushrooms? Learn How to Dehydrate Mushrooms in Air Fryer in My Guide - October 31, 2022
- Why Do My Mushrooms Smell Like Fish — And What Should They Smell Like? Read on to Find Out - October 18, 2022
- You Can Enjoy Your Leftovers: My Guide on How to Reheat Stuffed Mushrooms - October 18, 2022